Makers & Merchants Trade Terms & Conditions
Our Terms & Conditions
By accessing this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions set out below. We invite you to print out these Terms & Conditions, or we can email these to you on request. Please request the “Terms & Conditions” from our team by emailing email@example.com
We do our very best to make sure all the information on our website is up to date and accurate.
However, we cannot accept any liability (to the fullest extent allowed by law) for the accuracy of information contained on product pages or on the website, which may contain inaccuracies or typography errors. This provision does not affect your statutory rights and remedies.
We use all reasonable endeavours to adhere to the delivery time set. Please see our ‘Delivery’ section below for detailed information on delivery time scales.
You can order via our secure website, www.makers-and-merchants-trade.com which is powered by Shopify.
We use Shopify Payments that use the latest technology to protect your card information and will not release it to any outside organisation. Shopify Payments are certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. This compliance extends by default to all stores powered by Shopify. PCI DSS is a security standard for organizations that handle credit and debit card information. The standard was created to increase controls around payment data to reduce fraud.
We accept card payments from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro. Charges to your card will be shown as Makers & Merchants Trade.
We also accept payments via BACS. Our bank details are as follows:
|Account Name:||Nick Robinson & Associates Ltd|
|Bank:||Lloyds Bank Plc|
|Bank Address:||Orchard Brae Branch, PO BOx 72, Gillingham, ME8 0LS|
|IBAN:||GB68 LOYD 3015 9911 4904 60|
Payment & Pricing
When we use Shopify Payments to process our online payments we conform to their Term of Payments (link to: https://www.shopify.co.uk/legal/terms-payments-us). We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices show on our website are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representation of goods available from us correspond to the actual goods. Please note, however, the following:
- Images of goods are for illustrative purposes only.
- There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold sue to differences in computer displays and lighting conditions.
- Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of good may vary.
Placing Your Order
Our site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your order to us you will be given the opportunity to review your order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your order carefully before submitting it.
No part of our site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your order does not mean that we have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by us sending you a dispatch confirmation email. Only once we have sent you this email will there be a legally binding contract between us and you.
Amending an Order
We make no guarantees that once placed and paid for, an order can be amended. If you wish to amend an order you must notify us by phone as soon as possible and provided the order has not already been submitted to our warehouse, we will try to amend it. We also reserve the right to cancel or amend your order before the goods are dispatched, if the goods are no longer in stock.
Payment for Order
All initial orders for new account customers will be on a proforma basis. Invoices shall be paid in full, without deduction or set off, 30 days from date of invoice, unless otherwise agreed in writing. In the event of a delay in payment, the Company reserves the right to charge interest on any outstanding balance at the rate payable under The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 if the customer is a business, and as if that act applied if the customer is a private consumer, and whether or not it is necessary for the Company to issue proceedings for recovery of any amount due.
Any subsequent orders can be paid for by card at the point of order confirmation or by BACS within 30 days.
All orders are sent to our customers by Parcelforce. For orders of £250 or over, delivery is free. For orders below £250 we apply a delivery charge of £10.00.
The delivery estimate that we give, refers to the approximate date when the goods are expected to be available for packing, posting and being delivered. We take no responsibility for any loss (consequential or otherwise) arising from any delay in delivery.
For postage quotes or queries please contact Customer Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01935388544.
All items are wrapped safely in protective materials and packaged in dual-wall shipping boxes, which are purpose-made to our specifications and are designed to withstand even long international journeys safely. Our packaging standards have been refined many times, over many years and breakages and damage are now extremely rare. On those occasions when incidents do happen, we strive to ensure that your collection and replacement are organised immediately and shipped back out on a priority service without any fuss.
Faulty or Damaged Products
We want you to enjoy and use our products as soon as you get them so we check and pack them carefully before despatch and we only use couriers who we think will handle our products with care.
However, mistakes and damages can occur, so please check all the goods on your order when it arrives. If you are unable to check the goods upon arrival, we recommend you write “unchecked” next to your signature on the couriers’ acknowledgement. Do contact us straight away, and at least within 2 days of receipt, if you have anything that you are unhappy with or not sure about. We can then agree with you the best course of action and act quickly so that you can get back to enjoying what you purchased from us.
You can call us on + 44 (0) 1935 388 546 from Monday to Friday between 9:00 to 15:00 or email email@example.com.
Please provide us with your Makers & Merchants account details (such as your name, address, email. We will need these to verify that you are the account holder) and the order number along with the details and a photograph of the damaged product.
Cancelling or Returning an Order
You are entitled to cancel your order with us no later than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods to receive a full refund which will include the basic postage cost.
First, please notify us, by calling + 44 (0) 1935 388 544 from Monday to Friday between 9:00 to 15:00 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You will have to confirm your Makers & Merchants account details (such as name, address, email as we will need these to verify that you are the account holder) and the order number.
The date on which you notify us of your request to cancel the order will be your cancellation date.
Then, you are required please to post your return (together with our Packing Slip or a hand written note with your order and contact details) to us, within 30 days from the cancellation date:
Makers & Merchants
Frogmary Green Farm
Once we receive the un-used items in their original packaging we will process a full refund to your original method of payment.
We may provide links on our website to other websites not owned or managed by Makers & Merchants. We accept no responsibility for the security and content of these sites and in following these links you do so at your own risk.
Your Information and GDPR
Please ensure that any information and details you provide us with are up to date and accurate and do let us know us of any changes to those details.
Please inform us if you have any reason to believe that your username or password has become known to anyone else, or are being, or are likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. You can access and update your details using the 'Your Account' area of the website.
We reserve the right to terminate accounts, remove or edit content or cancel orders at our discretion in order to protect our customers and our business from any activity which we suspect is fraudulent or illegal.
We will not use or sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission.
If you have purchased from our website, met us at an event, subscribed to one of our newsletters, or advised us of your email address, post & telephone number – we would like to keep in touch with by updating you on new products, promotions or new services we are offering. We will contact you via email or by post with this type of information.
We will only contact you by telephone regarding a specific order or query that you may have contacted us about. We do not have a telesales operation cold-calling customer with offers and promotions.
If you do not wish to receive emails or postal updates from us, please just let us know and we will remove your details from our mailing lists. You can also unsubscribe or change the preferences yourself on emails that you receive from us.
Limitation of Liability
Save to the extent that we are responsible for the foreseeable loss and damage caused by us, to the maximum extent permitted by law, accepts no liability and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, including direct, indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages however they may arise.
Events Beyond our Reasonable Control
We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms & Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control, unless you have expressly provided us with a date by which delivery must be made.
Alterations to this Website and Terms & Conditions
You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time you use the website or place an order from the website or other means.
We therefore recommend you review these Terms & Conditions each time you place an order.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. However, you may only transfer your rights or obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
If any of the Terms & Conditions forming the contract between us are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason, it will be deemed several and not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms & Conditions.
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations, please contact us.
These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Personal Information that we Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We use Mailchimp for our email marketing campaigns. We automatically place single pixel gifs, also known as web beacons, in every email sent. These are tiny graphic files that contain unique identifiers that enable us to recognize when their Contacts have opened an email or clicked certain links. These technologies record each Contact’s email address, IP address, date, and time associated with each open and click for a campaign. We use this data to create reports about how an email campaign performed and what actions Contacts took.
We use Mailchimp features known as “Landing Pages” or “Websites,” and that feature permits additional cookies or tracking technologies. Mailchimp installs the Snippet on that Member’s Landing Page or Website to facilitate the deployment of the cookie(s) selected by that Member.
We use Track with Mailchimp feature that allows us to track unique visits by installing a tracking snippet on our Landing Page or Website through the Snippet. Track with Mailchimp calculates the conversion rate by comparing the number of unique visits to the number of end users who subscribe.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
The 'Do Not Track' Signal
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are an UK and European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are an UK and European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Trading Terms By Brand
Makers & Merchants and The Adventurous Blends Of William Whistle
- We here at Makers & Merchants own these 2 brands and are therefore the exclusive distributors worldwide, stock is held here on the farm in Somerset
- You can place orders, view the story of our brands and collections via www.makers-and-merchants-trade.com
- All orders are shipped and invoiced in £ sterling by Makers & Merchants directly from our own warehouse on the farm in Somerset, UK
- Orders can be placed in whatever method you prefer – via us by phone + 44 (0) 1935 388544, email at email@example.com or our www.makers-and-merchants-trade.com website
- Carriage paid minimum order value £250
- Orders below £250 have a modest delivery charge of £10
- UK Delivery 4-7 days for all in stock items : unavailable stock held on back order
- Initial orders supplied on pro forma and credit terms agreed thereafter
- We ask all customers to pay in £ sterling directly into the Makers & Merchants bank accounts (details on each invoice and monthly statement)
- Price Lists show RRP recommended retail price inc. vat and Wholesale price exc. vat
- Standard discount from ‘’Public Price Not Vat ‘’ on Price List
- 35% discount on Food/Tea/Coffee on exc. vat RRP and 50% discount on Home Collection on exc. vat RRP
- We are the exclusive UK & Eire agent for all market sectors and manage the Seletti flagship shop in Selfridges, London and Manchester
- You can view the Seletti story, brand and collection via our website www.makers-and-merchants-trade.com or the Seletti website www.seletti.it
- All orders are shipped directly from Seletti in Italy to your business: we do not hold wholesale stock in UK
- NB Post Brexit update - from January 2021, all invoices are raised in £ sterling by Seletti’s UK company and wholesale prices include delivery and any duties as Seletti UK are the importer into the UK from the EU : all shipments and invoicing to Eire remain unaffected by Brexit
- Orders can be placed in whatever method you prefer – via us by phone 44 (0) 1935 388544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or directly by email to Seletti email@example.com or on-line via Seletti B2B portal
- Access to the B2B website with login details provided to help wholesale customers order on-line and access catalogues/price lists /photos/product information
- Opening order minimum value £1,500 – with ideally a selection made from at least 3 Seletti categories
- Carriage paid orders minimum value £1000
- Orders below £1000 have modest delivery charges:
a) Non palletised - £40 per delivery
b) Palletised (All Furniture and large lighting) - £95 per delivery
- Delivery 7-10 days for all in stock items
- Initial orders supplied on pro forma and credit terms agreed thereafter
- We ask all customers to pay in £ sterling directly into Seletti’s UK bank account (details on each invoice and monthly statement)
- Price Lists show RRP recommended retail prices in £ sterling
- Standard discount from ‘’Public Price No Vat ‘’ on Price List
- 30% from the ex-vat RRP initially for interiors designers /contracts
- 45% from the ex-vat RRP for all categories (except furniture 40% ) for retailers investing in store and on-line displays and stock
- Order Confirmation is sent to customers to confirm all orders with out-of-stocks listed separately
Available stock shipped and invoiced to customer without waiting for customer confirmation: unavailable stock held on back order
- We are the exclusive UK & Eire agent for the retail/contracts sector
- Our colleagues and friends Studio William are the exclusive UK & Eire distributor for the hospitality sector i.e. restaurants and hotels
- You can view the Serax story, brand and collection via our website www.makers-and-merchants-trade.com or the Serax website www.serax.com
- All orders are shipped and invoiced in £ sterling or Euro by Serax in Belgium directly to your business: we do not hold wholesale stock in UK
- NB Post Brexit update - from January 2021 all invoices continue to be raised by Serax in Belgium and their UK terms are DAP (delivered at place).
This means that Serax pay for the freight and our UK customers, who are now technically the importers from the EU to the UK, will therefore need to pay any duties and vat to UK HM Customs: duty rates are shown on our price list and the Serax freight company can carry out the delivery and all the customs clearance on behalf of our customers: we can advise you on all the processes that need to be followed.
All shipments and invoicing to our customers in Eire remain unaffected by Brexit.
- Access to the B2B e-shop (shop.serax.com) with login details is provided to help wholesale customers order online. The Serax brand portal, media.serax.com is a great source for catalogues, images and product information.
- After an order is placed, Serax sends an Order Confirmation called ‘Proforma’ : any out of stock items are marked with * with an expected in stock date.
Serax will ship in stock items following the Minimum Order – Carriage Paid Terms below: out of stock items are held on back order
- Carriage paid minimum order value £750 for UK mainland (Euro 1800 for Eire due to higher freight charges from Belgium to Eire) **
- For orders below £750**, please note the following which apply to all orders
- We have a general minimum order £400 **(inc. back orders i.e. if a back order is below £400 it will not be shipped unless made up to £400
- We have modest delivery charges of:
i) Non palletised - £60 per delivery
ii) Palletised - £60 per delivery and by quotation outside UK mainland
- Delivery 7-10 days for in stock items
- Initial orders supplied on pro forma and credit terms agreed thereafter
- We ask all customers to pay in £ sterling directly into Serax’ s UK bank account (details on each invoice and monthly statement)
- UK supplied on price lists as below
- 33.3% from exc. vat RRP initially for interior designers /contracts/hospitality (20% on furniture/lighting)
(UK PROJECTS PRICE LIST)
- 50% from exc. vat RRP initially for retailers (40% on furniture/lighting)
(UK WHOLESALE PRICE LIST)
- To open a new account for any brand, we will send you a New Account Form to complete and return to us: no information is shared with third parties
- Please place all first orders with us here and not on the brands’ B2B websites: this allows us to check the order for you, ensure your account is set up properly , make sure you are completely happy with the selection and service and provide you B2B log in details and training